Build Custom Apps like a Pro
What is Application?
A DbFacePHP application usually contains a Form(which you can input something) and a DbFacePHP application scripts(Which affected to your database with your input). There are 7 kinds application flow that DbFacePHP supported:
- 1. Searching Application: Querying datas from your database with or without parameters.
- 2. Operation Application: Commiting general operation (inserting, updating, etc.) to the database with or without parameters.
- 3. Search for updating: Querying rows from a table for updating.
- 4. Chart report: Querying ruled rows from the database for Charting(Pie, Bar, Line etc.).
- 5. Advanced Report Application: Tabular(Table) Report, Matrix Report, Summary Report, Calendar Report.
- 6. Checkpoint Application: Save a query resultset as a checkpoint and check in the future.
- 7. Dashboard Application: Combine all application on the top on one page(application).
Query Application’ helps you get data rows from target database with a query SQL statement. It consists of a FORM (or not) and a query SQL statement. When the user fill in the form and click the ‘submit’ button, the SQL statement will executed with the form parameters and the data rows show on the page.
General operation application.
‘General Operation application’ helps you modify your database with data manipulation SQL statements. It consists of a FORM(or not) and some data manipulation SQL statements. When the user fill in the form, click the ‘submit’ button, DbFacePHP will execute SQL statements one by one, and show your the result.
Query for updating application.
‘Query for Updating Application’ helps you search and modify the searched result on the fly. It consists of a FORM (or not) and a simple query SQL statement. When the user fill in the form, click the ‘submit’ button, the data rows will shown, then you can update, delete the row on the fly.
Chart report application.
‘Chart Report Application’ helps you convert the resultset to Pie, Bar,etc. chart report. It consists of a FORM (or not) and a ruled query SQL statement. When the user fill in the form, click the ‘submit’ button, the chart report will be shown.
Resultset checkpoint application.
‘Resultset Checkpoint Application’ helps you save current searching result as a checkpoint. It consists of a FORM (or not) and a query SQL statement. When the user fill in the form, all the saved checkpoints with the same parameters will be shown.
1. Tabular report
Tabular reports are the simplest and fastest way to list your data.
2. Matrix report
Matrix reports list summaries of your data in a grid against both horizontal and vertical criteria.
3. Chart report
Chart Report allows you to create a graphical view using different types of charts.
4. Summary report
Summary reports list your data with subtotals and other summary information.
5. Calendar report
Calendar report helps you organize data in a monthly calendar.
‘Dashboard Application’ helps you combine some applications above on the same page. Just drag and drop the existed applications to, and done. If one application’s form changed, all applications in the dashboard will effected.